netGALAXY Studios is always looking for great people who love what they do and have a passion for empowering others to thrive in the mobile industry. If you would like to be considered for a position with the netGALAXY Studios crew, we would love to hear from you. Take a look at the positions below, and if one peaks your interest, email your resume to Larry at LCollett@netgalaxystudios.com along with a paragraph describing your interest and availability.
Junior Developer Intern
Is your brain a sponge? Does it soak up all things code? Tired of going to school, but love learning new languages? Ever wonder what it would be like to learn a new language or three? It doesn’t matter if you were taught by a professor, a book, or StackOverflow — if you’ve got a solid coding foundation, we want to talk to you.
We are a small, agile development team. You’ll work directly with our team to enhance existing systems and develop new ones, all while improving your existing skill set. Our code is grown in Angular and Ionic petri dishes, controlled with GIT Workflow (via Microsoft Team Services) and released to Ionic Pro. You’ll work on a variety of projects ranging from core application development to internal tool creation to bug fixes on both the front/back end.
Is this up your alley? Are you re-reading all this to make sure you don’t miss anything when you apply? We’d love to hear from you!
- Source Control: Our code lives in GIT and is managed via Microsoft Team Services. You should have hands-on experience working with something similar. Want something to do? Go setup a GitHub or BitBucket account right now!
- Rest/SOAP/JSON: Web service familiarity.
- Some SQL: You’ve worked with some flavor of SQL. MySQL, MS SQL, NoSQL … again, it doesn’t matter.
- Experience with HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills.
- Must be driven, proactive, self-directed, detailed, and organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, yet independent environment.
- Commitment of at least 8 hours a week.
- Local Residency (Charleston Area).
- ColdFusion, AngularJS, Lucee, HTML, CSS, ORM.
- Unit Testing.
- Change Management – Team Services, BitBucket, JIRA, Pipelines CI.
- Ionic Framework.
- Photoshop or graphic slicing experience.
We’re seeking a design intern for our downtown office location who can commit to a set schedule of anywhere between 4-24 hours per week. Selected candidates will receive valuable client-facing experience as well as key insights into the mobile technology industry.
- Eye for design
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to manage and organize assigned tasks
- Ability to communicate well with clients
- Local Residency (Charleston Area)
In August of 2017, we began our 2-year Junior Computer Programming apprenticeship program through Apprenticeship Carolina, in partnership with Trident Technical College and the Charleston Metro Chamber of Commerce. This program offers rising high school juniors, seniors and graduating seniors the opportunity to receive paid on-the-job experience and to enroll in industry-specific college courses at no additional cost while taking their normal courses in high school.
If you’re interested in a career in computer programming and meet the criteria for the next year, we encourage you to visit TridentTech.edu for full details and to apply.